Saturday, December 4, 2010

Vineyard Seis - 10/23/10

Still catching up with myself. Here are a few favorites from my birthday party down on the Vineyard back in October. This was an amazing and wonderful weekend - there will be more of these Vineyard Sessions to come. Stay tuned.

Vineyard Seisiun
Liam


Vineyard Seisiun
David, Seanny.

Vineyard Seisiun
David, Liam, Sean
Vineyard Seisiun
Laura, Stuart.
Vineyard Seisiun
My favorite photo from the weekend: Sean, Laura, Liam, Eric, and David.

Vineyard Seisiun
Post-session session, Stuart and Mark.
Vineyard Seisiun
My house was built on land that was farmed by my great-grandparents.  The original farmhouse, next door and shown above, was my great-grandparents', Charles and Mary Isadora Lawlor Shurtleff's home, and is where my grandmother grew up, and where my mother spent summers as a little girl - playing games with her cousins in the glow of kerosene lantern light. Mary Shurtleff''s parents were Mary and James Lawlor, both born and died in Naas, County Kildare, Ireland, really my only biological connection to Ireland. On some level, this party was a nod to the Lawlors. Isn't DNA grand? Who really understands why we follow the paths that we do?  Coincidentally, Charles Shurtleff and I share the same birthday, October 22.







No comments:

Post a Comment