Sunday, February 27, 2011

The Littlest Bar, February 26, 2011

I was happy to make it down to the Littlest again last night. The session was in the very capable hands of the talented and affable Mike Reynolds, and also featured his lady friend, Diane (Diane knows every word to every song, and obviously loves the music), another box player named Kevin, a couple of my session-mates from Tommy's, Levi and Chris; and I was especially happy to see old friends from our Paddy Barry days (and oh, what days they were), Arnie and his daughter Emily. All in all, it was a great night, a privilege and an honor to have been in such fine company.

I'm still struggling with the darkness of these venues, and still working out the best format in which to save the files. My favorite of these is the last one, of Arnie and Emily - very precious to hear father and daughter making music together (and if you know me, you'll know why). Emily is seventeen and has been playing since she was seven.





No comments:

Post a Comment