Thursday, June 2, 2011

TradConnect

You may have noticed the new button I've added to the blog, over to the right, that reads, "TradConnect, Connecting Traditional Irish Musicians Across the World." This is a brand new site that my friend Jim, over in Larne, invited me to join. Jim is a fantastic fiddler, a huge friend of Irish Trad and has been a good friend to me (plus, he's really funny), so I generally do whatever he tells me to do. The site was started a couple of months ago by a seemingly affable fellow (anybody who likes my All-Stars and my photos and suggests I should come over to Dublin to photograph the scene there is an instant friend) by the name of Tony Lawless, single-handedly ("It's just me and my laptop trying to connect the world. Need Help, Help !!!!!"), and it appears to have potential. There are discussions (along the lines of the mustard board, minus the snark - so far) and videos, and much more. I happen to like the chat feature. Yesterday I was simultaneously chatting with Jim, in Ireland, and a woman in the Netherlands.

So go on over and click that thing and sign up. See you there.

No comments:

Post a Comment